Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's a deal, inspector.

Let me tell YOU that blogging ain't easy. I mean in reality, I'm blogging all day long - thinking about things, pondering ideas, mentally bagging on folks or trying to learn from the mistakes of others. Sometimes even trying to learn from their successes. Lot's of times I am eying broads in a voyeuristic/magazine sort of way. Just sort of checking things out cause I like things of beauty.

The past few days I've been putting together play lists for my upcoming wedding. I have decided to get married in a small town where resources are limited. One of the things that I haven't been able to figure out is the DJ scene. I called about 5 guys and got one return call for a dude who said he'd send me a demo reel, but he never did. I called each of these 5 guys twice. SO I said screw it, I'll just rent some equipment and make my own playlists. Lo and behold there is one guy in town that rents equipment and he is booked with the motocross that will be in town. He did tell me that if I was willing to pay enough, he would hire and train a guy to do the event. I had to laugh at the cost for that.

So...What the hell, I decide I'll go ahead and buy my own system and run my own f'n show. I did my research and went to eBay and had a blast After my one time usage, my goal is to eventually rent out this system so I can recoup my expenses. Can you say business expense. SO if any of you need a 250 watt PA system, let me know. I'll have one available after June. I give you good price.

Right now, after spending a bunch of time sorting through my MP3's, I have about put together about 8 hours of music of which I hope to segment into the events of the day. (pre wedding, dinner, reception, etc.) Hopefully I can pull it off. If you have any song suggestions - speak up or forever hold your peace!

In getting the music together, I found that in so many of these songs, memories were hidden. For huge memories down to the smallest things. Music is pretty amazing when it gets down to it. Looking back, I have truly enjoyed so many experiences that are now completely knotted to the music - and I don't even consider myself a huge fan of music either so this kind of happened on its own. (yes, of course I enjoy music, but I am not one of those guys that always needs to have music on, or loves to frequent music shops, watch video channels, etc.)

In any case, I am going to play some of this memorable music on the bog day - I wonder if anyone will silently think to themselves - damn, liquid chose this song for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home