Friday, June 30, 2006

30th post on the 30th

huh, uhuh, uhuh, uhuh, shhh, deep breath.

running over to the blog, frantically trying to remmber the password. getting locked out for minutes at a time. let me in! let me in!. i need to get this entry in before time expires. It's all about the archive for June.

So what is it about wearing new Levi's anyway? They are a great deep blue color, however, in our society they seem to carry a stigma like - You're not cool enough to wear worn in Jeans. Dude, why do I have to wash my Jeans like 10 times to achieve the worn in look just so I can be cool. It just means I will lose out on 10 good washings and since I wear jeans like 10 times before washing, it would be like losing 100 wearing or like 3 full months of Levi's bliss. Ultimately what happens is that I get holes around the knees and since I am too old for my Zeppelin patch, I relegate them to the closet for in home or very casual wearings. Then one day, they are thrown in a plastic trash bag and off to good will they go. The person that will get them will be totally stoked to get that fully worn in pair of jeans, will have no problem putting a patch on it, and will probably wear it like 200 or more times before one washing, unless they live near a riverbed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skiletsrage said...

Good to see you back, CP. But too old for a Zeppelin patch? Never...

7/01/2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

you're right - all blog readers, send me your fav classic rock patch - i prefer doors, zepp, floyd, or dead.

i'll send one in return.

7/01/2006 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liquido, that's why you buy new, already broken-in jeans for $200, like a trendy girl. or simply go stone-washed with the fold 'n roll like s. coutin circa 1988.

i once had a crotchpatch of r. crumb's mr. natural stompin' along, holding up two fingers in the peace sign, with "keep on truckin'" in bold letters above and below. it was sweet! whatever happened to those jeans?

7/05/2006 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to have you back, sabluminal.

7/05/2006 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home