Friday, April 14, 2006

the dentist, JBO, and marshmallow treats


Believe it or not, I was back at the dentist today. Four cavities filled. Three more next week. After that it is a 2-part deep cleaning known as scaling and root planing. What is it? Alan had to do this and a lot more after he went without seeing a dentist for over 10 years. Bad idea jeans. Apparently even he is in good shape now which proves that the dentist and the dental hygienist can in fact perform miracles. Tough job. I saw on CNN that dentists get the least amount of vactions by profession. When I told that to the office staff they just laughed and said they work 4-day weeks, every week. This office must be doing well. They do seem to be in very good spirits which is kind of weird for a dentists office. However, I suppose this is one reason why I would highly recommend these guys. If you live in SF and are looking for a dentist, drop me a line and I'll let you in on this party.

On another note, my friend JBO has made a profound statement. He referred to me as "that champion of balance and harmony, my mentor in living a better life, the one who brought me from the dark side and allowed me a glimpse". I think he is a bit tongue and cheek and trying to scapegoat his low disciplinary abilities. But that's okay since we all have that similar good vs. evil thing going on. Remember the Flintstones? The angel and devil that hovered over Fred's shoulders (get the costume) It doesn't take much for me to go coocoo over Peeps. Practically everyone who knows me has seen me put down a 15 pack of pink or yellow peeps in under 3 minutes. (2 packs if they were lucky). But that's alright. I was raised on candy and soda. [Aside: JBO and I subsisted on the lunchtime coke-candy combo. It was only a buck in our day 60 cents for the coke and 40 cents for the candy), but now it is probably more like a buck eighty.] I used to literally leave the dentists office as a kid and my mom would let us kids stop off and pick up candy from the corner store. My favorite used to be Rocky Road, that chocolate and marshmallow treat. Did you know it is made in San Francicso Bay Area?

Nowadays, I try to have discipline, but sort of realize that concept is fruitless. Your true nature will ALWAYS rise back to the surface after a tablespoon or two of time. The only way to change a habit for a lifetime is to alter your nature which as you can imagine is no easy feat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home