Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A rainy day and the dentist

Rain in the forecast for the next couple weeks. Thought I would try to build some momentum seeing as how this is a new blog and all. Went to the dentist today after a 3+ year hiatus. He is pretty up on technology and even has a 17" LCD on the wall so patients can watch tv and dvd's.

Feels good to finally get back in there as I could tell there was some definite buildup (aka plaque & gingivitis) happening. My suspicions were confirmed when his assistant took the tv remote from me and switched over to the "chair-cam." There it was, the inside of my mouth up close & personal, magnified, and in what seemed like high definition. Pretty ugly if you ask me. It was a good move on his part. After seeing all that crap on my teeth, I signed up for all the services he was offering me. I remember in the old days, they would just show you a brochure of someone's ugly mouth, letting you know that this would happen to you if you didn't brush and visit a dentist regularly. Well, the time has come, age has taken its toll, and that brochure has not only hit close to home - it is chez moi.

Now go make that appointment with your oral provider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home